Thursday, November 1, 2018

Naked

Many of my generation would just as soon skip holiday gatherings. We feel three ways about still being here.  We don't know where we "fit" anymore. ...or if we "fit". ...or if we even want to "fit".


...and so it seems that I will be here for another holiday time.  Maybe I will see some of my beloved grandchildren. Did I know how much my grandma loved me?  Of course not. I realized many years later that it was probably her prayers that brought me to Christ. ...five years after she left for Heaven.

What do we really know about what God is doing at the time He is doing it?  The young think they know so much. Paul was cured of that. To the Corinthians he said: "For I determined not to know anything among you save Jesus Christ and Him crucified." 

I pretty much listen to pastor /teachers who have been in Heaven for awhile. …the ones who lived on the cusp of the “new morality” before it struck full force.  I picture some current pastors in a rowboat, paddling furiously as they see a tsunami poised and ready to roll at the crest of the hill.  From somewhere, I hear a worship team,  singing and beating the drums louder and louder, trying to drown out the gasps of the Christians who are looking toward the horizon.  Somewhere a TV blares with a preacher yelling: "The Rapture is coming!  Send money!  Buy my book!  I am the only one who has a fresh word from Gawd!  Oh, and send money!"

While the rant gets louder, I withdraw into my quiet place and hum an old Danny Kaye ditty::  “Look at the king, look at the king; look at the king, the king, the king.   The king is in the altogether, the altogether, the altogether.  The king is as naked as the day that he was born. " …and indeed, all  human kings are as naked as jay birds. … as are we all. …UNLESS we are clothed with the righteousness of Christ.  Amazing grace. I will never fully understand it until I see Him face to face. 

"For He hath made Him to be  sin for us who knew no sin, that we might be made the righteousness of God in Him."   II Corinthians 5:21. 

.....and a repeat from last week's blog:  "To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles, which is Christ in you, the hope of glory."   Colossians 1:27. . 

...yet another:  "For by grace are you saved by faith, and that not of yourselves;  It is a gift of God, not of works, lest any man should boast."  Ephesians 2:8,9.

Oh, do vote. ...while we still can. 

Love,  Jo



ARCHIVE