Thursday, August 9, 2018

The Battle

Every day we are in a battle that rages against Christ and His followers. As a young Christian I was smug enough to think I could fight it by myself.  I can't. I don't have to. 

Jesus experienced three emotions at once: joy, endurance and shame.  He empathizes with us as we struggle to live in this world and not be of it. In the new Heavens and New Earth there will be no more crying; no more pain; no more sin; no more dying. ...but until then, know this:  Jesus has already won the battle. That's what the whole Book of Hebrews is about. ...a seven-day Sabbath. ...working while resting in the finished work of Christ.  Can the world understand that?  No. Can we?  No, but I believe it!

...so how am I doing with knowing I have a killer in my aorta, poised to strike?  Sure, I get scared sometimes, but I keep walking toward the finish line, armed with the double stick of dynamite. ...the Word of God and prayer. 

When in Bible college in Minneapolis, in a Scandinavian/German church Ted was the Youth Director and I was the church secretary.  I loved the ONE, two, three  rhythm of their music. Here's one: 

      PRAISE THE SAVIOR

Praise the Savior, ye who know Him
Who can tell how much we owe Him? 
Gladly let us render to Him
 All we are and have. ..

Jesus IS  is the Name that charms us;
 He for conflict fits and arms us; 
Nothing moves and nothing harms us
 While we trust in Him. 

Trust in Him, ye saints, forever; 
He is faithful, changing never.
Neither force nor guile can sever 
Those He loves from Him. 

Keep us Lord, O keep us cleaving.
 To Thyself and still believing,
'Til the hour of our receiving 
Promised joy with Thee.

THEN WE SHALL BE WHERE WE WOULD BE
THEN WE SHALL BE WHAT WE SHOULD BE
THINGS THAT ARE NOT  NOW, NOR COULD BE
SOON SHALL BE OUR OWN.  

Only the Scandihoovians and Germans could pack that much  doctrine into so few words!

Tonight,  two Jim's and a Dave will meet me at the Mulligan Room, outside, under the cabana. We will lead out with some Gospel, then invite requests.  People will wander in to dine, sing and get acquainted.  On another summer night in Bear Valley Springs, California we will bring some delight into the lives of our neighbors.

Love,  Jo

ARCHIVE