Friday, May 19, 2017

Things not seen

Life is mastered by faith and not by doubt. It is very clear that the witnesses that have gone Home before us did not receive everything they asked for. Some died horrible deaths. As I write many are dying horrible deaths around this broken world. I hope many of our Christian TV programs do not reach them...especially the ones that promise that God will heal everybody and make every Christian rich.

I have no idea what God will test me with before I leave this earth. Every test so far has had this purpose...that I may know Him and the power of His resurrection and the fellowship of His sufferings, being made conformable unto His death.  Am I "there" yet? Probably not.

Why do I write these stories to you folk?  For you, and for me. Threaded throughout every story is the faithfulness of my Father that I lean upon more every day. I need  the reassurance that God has, and therefore will see me through to the end.

Ted was a man of great faith. More than I knew, I was dependent upon his faith. My Heavenly Father left me here, now for nearly seven years. Scriptures I have known for decades have taken on deep and personal meaning.

"Without faith, it is impossible to please God, and He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him". At times I kick the word "diligently" up a notch to "frantically".

"Faith is the substance of things hoped for;  the evidence of things not seen."

 "Fix your eyes on Jesus, the Author and Finisher of your faith."

"Faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the Word of God."

What will  ''finishing'' look like?  ...perhaps leaving in a blaze of glory as all kinds of sweet things are said about us at our Memorial, or as with Paul, alone in a rat-infested dark, dank dungeon, waiting for the axe to fall.  For all of us who are coming to know Him, THINGS NOT SEEN are beckoning. .

Oh, my dear readers, pour all that you know about His faithfulness into the next generations. They are going to need the testimonies of witnesses.

Great is Thy faithfulness; great is thy faithfulness
Morning by morning new mercies  I see.
All I have needed,  Thy hand hath provided
Great is Thy faithfulness,    Lord unto me.

Love,  Jo

ARCHIVE