Friday, July 6, 2018

This is today

Seventy years ago, as a brand new Christian.  I learned this little couplet:

Plan as if the Lord were never coming

Live as if He were coming today.

Living just for today has always taken special effort.  Now, I must. Inside my upper chest is a volcano that is threatening to erupt.  (You really didn't expect me to dance around this subject,  did you?)  So far I have seen five doctors. The "medical maze" itself could bring on the eruption. 

I proceed,  encouraging the next generations to study the Word of God, trust and live for Him alone. Some are cutting their losses and moving forward with life-in-Christ.  Others who come have consistently overcome the enemy relatively well in this screwed-up world. They are and will take the next generations into scripture. 

Several kinds of expensive -looking instruments are scanning my body, looking for and finding  marauders. I suspect that the multi-doctors'  conclusion will be: "You are too high a risk for surgery".  

In verses like this, there is peace:  "In everything give thanks for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you". 

Old hymnals are close by. As folk drop in, we sing "...psalms and hymns and spiritual songs".  Oh, how delightful it is to sit on my deck early in the morning or as the sun goes down and sing His praises with my brothers and sisters.  When are you coming?

Love,  Jo


ARCHIVE