Friday, April 27, 2018

Joy Unspeakable

"I have no greater joy than to hear that my children walk in Truth."

Many of you, my dear friends know that my Ted and our son Doug left for Heaven in the same year,  eleven month apart, at about this time.  I want to talk about both of them today. 


Having inherited his dad's athletic ability Doug became an All American at Humboldt State. ... an NCAA wrestler,  second and third in his weight class in the nation. ...but being an Olympic contender or a coach was not going to be his life work.  He would become a successful custom home builder in Houston, in San Diego and here on this mountain. What fun it was to watch our son build spectacular homes to grace the terrain. 


Doug was an artist.  ...a high risk taker,  a mountain climber, a hang glider, para glider and pilot who flew from Tehachapi to San Diego for years to build mansions in and around that city.  He flew hundreds of Young Eagles who have gone on to become pilots themselves. Doug loved children.  He helped his dad begin the Awana program here at the church we came to build.  My son left so suddenly, leaving Robin, his wife and three teenagers. ...Luke, Lance and Madison.  Like his father eleven months before, cancer ended his life here on earth.  Could any in our family have survived such loss if we did not know they are with the Lord in Heaven?  Not well.  ...not well.  


Jesus said: "I go to prepare a place for you that where I am, you may be also."  I wonder if the Lord will give our Doug a "say so" in the building of his mansion in Heaven. 


I had a ringside seat in 1948 as Ted Stone fell in love with God's Word, then lived it and taught it until he took his last breath.  As a young man he was headed toward becoming a medical doctor.  God changed his mind.  He doctored souls instead.  Once I said to him: "Ted Stone, you would teach scripture to a stump! ...and he answered: "Sure I would. ...if it would sprout!"  You can hear some of my husband's messages on "12StonesLegacy.net".  Oh, I do recommend that you do that. 

...and now, Ted's grandchildren are falling in love with Christ and His everlasting, powerful Word. 


Grandparents, stay on your knees.  God hears our prayers.


"I have no greater joy than to hear that my children walk in Truth".   III John 1:4.

Love,  Jo



ARCHIVE