Tuesday, March 27, 2018

World View

Do yourself a favor and don't get yours from watching the news.  I don't and will not do Face book. I will,  however lose my mind if I don't communicate. I have a nephew in Kansas City who calls this a "blob".

Each morning,  the first thing I do is come to my computer and check reports from workers in other countries. After fortifying myself with a cuppa caffeine  I may or may not check on what's going on in our own country. I flip on my phone and listen to a book in the Old Testament and one in the New. Prayer happens.  Phone calls, Emails and texts spice up my day.  I have pretty much cut out of my life people who don't "spice it up" but lean too hard on me to fix their bummed-out relationships.

I check out the progress or regress of elderly friends who have broken a leg, ankle, pelvis, arm or something else.  Some have had to give up taking care of themselves and have moved into a "facility".  Dementia or Alzheimer's have slipped up on some. They're not quite sure where they are. That's the only way I will survive if I am trapped inside a building.  One by one, my friends are leaving for Heaven.

"Driving Miss Jo".  Today C. will drive me into town to restock my freezer and pantry. She is adorable, has accumulated a mess in her life, but then, most of the next generation have done the same.  C. and I laugh. We pray.  I sing to her while she drives.

The Thursday girls come through my door to study Genesis. I am getting re-hooked on the Old Testament. I watch Rabbi Daniel Lapin's  "Ancient Jewish Wisdom". His wife is on the show with him.  Her voice is shrill. She interrupts him.  I tune her out.  Ted and I were on radio together for years. I wonder how many tuned me out.

After secluding myself for over three weeks to get as well as possible from a wretched virus, my next door neighbors brought their Boston relative and her friend. I love being on their list of tourist attractions. R.and C. walk their guests through my house and explain my life story.  I get a kick out of their version; it's much more interesting than mine. We ended their visit at my piano. ...singing.

Ted and I worked with "Young Life" off and on for many years. That ministry is the best at reaching kids that have never been in a church. We would sometimes open clubs in living rooms,  doing this rap that gets louder with each verse. Come on.  Try it.  By the fourth verse you'll be yelling your head off.

'Way down yonder not so very far off,  a blue jay died with the whooping cough.
He whooped so hard with the whooping cough that he whooped his head and his tail right off. 

These past few weeks I would have sworn that's what happened to me. It's been over three weeks of being alone with two cats who are bored out of their ever lovin' cat-minds. Only today is the weather sunny and warm enough to venture down my driveway where Bootsie and I will sit side by side on my old bench.

Soon I will set up my deck bed and move out to sleep under the stars. I live in "The Land of Four Seasons".  Recently,  all four showed up in one day. Snow and rain will soon stop and we won't see a drop of moisture until after Thanksgiving.

Now, tell me about your life. I would love to hear.

EVERY DAY FOR US IS EASTER!!!

Love, Jo


ARCHIVE