Friday, March 16, 2018

Until then...

Ted and I were pretty much horrified as crocodiles clamped their jaws around flailing wildebeests, then thrashed them back and forth until the huge animals went limp.

We had been in Kitali, Kenya, East Africa where Ted had taught the Minor Prophets to pastors from Tanzania, Uganda and Kenya at Phil Walker's International Christian Ministry seminary. Now we were on safari in southern Kenya at the Maasai Mara. The largest annual migration of animals on Earth was gathering. We waited, alongside Land Rovers with TV cameras whirring. Our drivers reassured us: "They are deciding."  After a couple of hours the milling-around million or so wildebeests and some zebras moved in single file to the bank of the river. One by one they jumped in.  Across the Mara a half dozen crocodiles hit the water at lightning speed; the river turned to blood. All but a dozen of the wildebeests made it across the Mara where they picked up the trail to the Serengeti.

You probably know that there are hundreds of thousands of good viruses. The one that put me into solitary confinement for the last two weeks is not one of them. I have felt as if a croc has me by the throat and is whipping me back and forth until I go limp. Many of you have prayed for me. The coughing has subsided. I am "limp" but beginning to have some appetite and move around. Thank You, Lord, and thank you, my friends, for praying and Emailing. 

George Beverly Shea often sang "Until Then" in Billy Graham's early ministries. Stuart Hamblen had come to Christ during the Los Angeles Crusade.  He wrote this song that was sung at Billy's Memorial.

                UNTIL THEN

My heart can sing when I pause to remember;
A heartache here  is but a stepping stone.
Along the trail that's winding always upward.
This troubled world is not my final home.

BUT UNTIL THEN MY HEART WILL GO ON SINGING.

UNTIL THEN WITH JOY I'LL CARRY ON. 
UNTIL THE DAY WHEN I BEHOLD THE CITY; 
UNTIL THE DAY GOD CALLS ME HOME.

Love,  Jo

ARCHIVE