Friday, February 9, 2018

The simple Gospel

For some reason, I am thinking of the farmers we have seen in China, Taiwan, Indonesia, the Philippines, Vietnam, East Africa.  Has satellite radio found its way into the humble dwellings of these people who are told that the Lord will heal their every sickness, make them rich and give them make sure they reach their destiny while on this earth.

Every day I must, just like you rekindle my faith as I delete from my mind most news that is shoveled out to the public. My everyday assignment is to refocus on the simple Gospel that guarantees our "destiny".  The good news? Jesus promised:  "I go to prepare a place for you...."

As you watch the big, flashy, glamorous "birds" on Christian television, do you feel like an insignificant, plain little sparrow?  Don't you believe it!

        HIS EYE IS ON THE SPARROW

Why should I feel discouraged?  
Why should the shadows come? 
Why should my heart be lonely
And long for Heav'n and Home?

For Jesus is my portion;  my constant friend  is He.
For His eye is on the sparrow and I know He watches me.
His eye is on the sparrow and I know He watches me.

I sing because I'm happy;  I sing because I'm free!
His eye is on the sparrow, and I know He watches me.

Love,  Jo

ARCHIVE