Friday, February 23, 2018

Keep on dancin'

Billy Graham is Home. A dairy-man's son, he never forgot where he came from. David the King did. He took a census. Notoriety can do that to you.

Before he became a name known around the world Billy and an older gentleman named Elmer Nelson took me to lunch at a restaurant in Chicago, Illinois. A few months before,  Billy's boyhood friend, T.W. Wilson had led me to Christ in a fifteen minute conversation at a small gathering off the campus of  Kansas State University. 

During a one hour lunch in Chicago,  these are the words thirty-year-old Billy Graham said to me: "We believe that you need a Christian education. We are flying you out of O'Hare tomorrow.  My team will meet you at the airport in Minneapolis and take you to Northwestern Bible College where I have just become interim president.  God bless you. You are on your way."

...two short meetings that changed the course of my life.

Little is much when God is in it;
Labor not for wealth or fame.
There's a crown and you can win it
If you go in Jesus' Name.

 I will download a delightful video on: Youtube, https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=3QivliBtpnY If that doesn't work go to YouTube and look up "Little girl dancing to to old church choir." 

...then ask yourself:  If I'm the only one who really hears the tune and dances to it, will I keep on dancin'?  

Love,  Jo


ARCHIVE