Friday, September 1, 2017

Waiting...

Her family and friends wait.  Char sleeps most of the time now and awakens to speak in a whisper. She and I said our goodbye to one another last week. We prayed as we have many times, and then we sang: 

Precious Lord, take my hand; 
Lead me on; help me stand. 
I'm tired, I'm weak, I'm worn. 
Through the storm, through the night,
Lead me on to the Light. 
Precious Lord, take my hand; 
Lead me Home. 

In Houston some of Ted's and my beloved friends wait to return to their homes. Others did not evacuate but are dealing with the mess left behind. Our dear Round Top Retreat friends,  after twenty-two inches of rain fell in one day snapped a picture of a rainbow that appeared. 

...so let's watch for the rainbow, keep on with our assignment, and be ready for the sound of the trumpet. 

             IS IT THE CROWNING DAY? 

Jesus may come today.

Glad day! Glad day!
And I would see my Friend.
Dangers and troubles would end
If Jesus should come today. 

GLAD DAY! GLAD DAY!

IS IT THE CROWNING DAY?
I'LL LIVE FOR TODAY, NOR ANXIOUS BE
JESUS, MY LORD, I SOON SHALL SEE
GLAD DAY! GLAD DAY! 
IS IT THE CROWNING DAY? 

Love,  Jo



ARCHIVE