Friday, September 29, 2017

Cut. Discard. Refocus.

Mostly, we women are more relational than men. (Note: I did not use the word "rational". ) We hang on to people and stuff.  Lot's wife looked back. That was not smart.

Paul had been the designated cutthroat for the Sanhedrin. Wherever he traveled for the Gospel his reputation preceded him.  Was this then,  his "thorn in the flesh?"  Maybe.

The Apostle declared to the Philippians that knowing Christ was worth losing everything. My personal losses are accumulating.  Lord, do I honestly embrace what Paul ultimately understood?

              HIGHER GROUND

I'm pressing on the upward way
New heights I'm gaining every day.
Still praying as I'm onward bound:
"Lord, plant my feet on higher ground."

LORD, LIFT ME UP AND LET ME STAND
BY FAITH,  ON HEAVEN'S TABLE LAND.
A HIGHER PLANE THAN I HAVE FOUND;
LORD,  PLANT MY FEET ON HIGHER GROUND.



Love,  Jo

ARCHIVE