Friday, March 10, 2017

Our anchor holds!

Ted spoke many times for memorials, comforting grieving friends and relatives of loved ones.  I felt great joy this week as I found in an old address book two 3x5 cards on which were Ted's typed memorial notes. I will share some with you today. May you be blessed.

Paul was facing probable death when he wrote in Philippians 1:20,21 " ...so now Christ shall be magnified in my body, whether it will be by life or by death. For me to live: Christ; to die is gain.

Would we really call our loved one back to the tragedies and sorrows of this earth? Our loved one is at home, in the Presence of the Lord, and there, on "His right hand are pleasures forevermore!"  II Corinthians 5:8; Psalm 16:11

The Lord intended sorrow, disease and death to display the bankruptcy of humanism. His death saved us from destruction; His life guarantees us eternal blessedness. Truth shows the shortcomings of delusions and that which is not real. Death for the believer is a promotion...a coronation...a celebration!

 If we have personified the Lord in this life our influence continues to personify His Person after physical death. Our lives have great value if we honor and heed the heart of God. God's love is far better than any of our blundering attempts to display it. If we have Christ in our heart, Deity does not die! We do not bury a believer. "For I am persuaded that neither death, nor life nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present nor things to come, nor height, nor depth, nor any other creation shall be able to separate us from the love of God which is in Christ Jesus, our Lord." 

It has been very hard to go on living without my Ted. He loved the Word of God. He lived the Word of God, I cannot count the times I have heard him ask a person: "Are you a Christian or are you still on your way?" Disarmed by his gentleness  many asked Christ to come in. Through the influence of those he led to the Throne, many are still coming to Christ. I am left behind to know, believe and give out His Word to those who will hear.  Christ is my Anchor, but I surely do miss my Ted.

"Thy Word is a Lamp unto my feet and a Light unto my path." Psalm 119:105: ...a thought: A "lamp" only lights our way a step or two ahead of us. .

                       THE SOLID ROCK

When darkness seems to hide His face, I rest on His unchanging grace.
In every high and stormy gale, my anchor holds within the vale.

ON CHRIST THE SOLID ROCK, I STAND; ALL OTHER GROUND IS SINKING SAND.
ALL OTHER GROUND IS SINKING SAND.

Love,  Jo

ARCHIVE