Friday, March 6, 2015

Adjustments

The Apple Shed is being turned into a peanut-shells-on-the-floor bar.  New Name: "The Shed".  New owners....Indian spirit worshippers. My family-style show ran for over nine years....not bad.  I will miss the ol' piano.  ...and I will miss being the Ham that I Am who comes alive in front of a hand-clappin' audience.  Well, what's next, Lord? Singalongs in the spring, summer and fall up on the hill where the coyotes howl and the wind blows free?  ...back at the Bear Valley Country Club lobby at the big Grand?  I did that many times years ago before the manager moved me into the bar to scalp me for more revenue.  The money was enticing. The old slobbery geezers weren't.  I lasted about three Saturday nights, then  picked up my tips, walked out the door and never looked back.

Finally the sun has come out and so has my smile.  The temperature climbed to above freezing and it is time to dress up for the Thursday girls. They're royalty, you know...lovely Korean Tasha and lovely Indian/New Zealander Aruna and whoever else comes through the door.  I am studied up for I Corinthians 4, but maybe He will take us somewhere else today.  Paul really got after those Corinthians,  didn't he?  I remember (story time) when Ted and I stood in the town square of Corinth many years ago.  Above us towered Diana/Artimis's male and female Prostitute Hangout. Scattered all around us were broken statues of women sans heads, garbed in mini-skirts and boots...the same apparel popular at that time here in the U.S.  I don't know where the believers met; we saw no stadium there like those we had visited in other parts of Greece. As I study Corinthians I can nearly visualize Paul, Sosthenes,Timothy, Stephanas, Fortunatus, Achaicus, Chloe, Appollo, Cephas, Aquilla and Priscilla.  Maybe I will spot them all strolling down a golden street before you readers arrive.  ...but then since there is no time as we know it in Heaven, maybe we will all arrive together.
Dunno...don't have to.

Today I don't want to think about terrorists in our shopping malls, Isis, Hamas,  Ahmadinejad, Hezzbola, martyred saints, what is in store for the church of tomorrow,  who will be the next president,  or who won't be the next president,  how much our paper money will be worth in the not-too distant-future, whether or not the banks and loan agencies will suddenly close and millions of Americans will starve to death.   Maybe, like Scarlet O'Hara "I'll think about that tomorrow". ...or maybe not.  It helps to have read the end of our story. We WIN!

It's time to saddle up, go into town, have lunch with Sherry, grocery shop and fill up the cupboards and refrigerators. I leave my dining table set all the time. ...just in case.

                   OLD HYMN:  WOUNDED FOR ME (slightly tweeked)

Wounded for me; wounded for me. There on the Cross He was wounded for me.
Gone my transgressions and now I am free; all because Jesus was wounded for me.

Dying for me; dying for me;  there on the Cross He was dying for me.
Now in His death my redemption I see; all because Jesus was dying for me.

Living in me, living in me; I know in my heart that He's living in me.
Daily He's pleading and praying for me; all because Jesus is living in me. 

Coming for me; coming for me. One day to earth He is coming for me.
Then with what joy His dear face I shall see.
Oh, how I praise Him! He's coming for me.

Love,  Jo

ARCHIVE