Friday, February 20, 2015

The Keys to His Kingdom

It is 4 A.M. My body announces the beginning of a new day before the crows begin to caw. In a few hours a strikingly beautiful Hispanic woman from Bakersfield will come through my doors and Jesus will be in our midst for several hours. I urge you to read her story on our 12stoneslegacy.com website under  "Real Life Stories".  In order to protect her privacy we have renamed her "Sonja".  She is married to a strong-in-Christ man now; they have beautiful children and together they minister to broken people.

During a recent visit long-time trusted OC missionaries, Greg and Denyse Grippentrog gave me the book "The Great Evangelistic Recession" by an Arizona pastor, John Dickerson (Baker Publishers).  I suggest that you read it. Greg and Denyse,  after years of heading up their organization are returning at the age of 68 to Indonesia to resume their ministry there.

Grandchild news: Jeff and Carla's Lainey is working hard at her job and studying Law at Sacramento State University. Second granddaughter Lauren is working hard to become a physician at Temple University Medical School in Philadelphia. Doug and Robin's Luke is working hard in Coeur d'alene, Idaho. His younger brother Lance, now working for the Wind Farms will join him in Idaho next month.Their youngest, Madi Jane is nearby...a home-schooled junior in high school.  Dee and Brent's Lexi, a champion swimmer on the Varsity team at Bakersfield Junior College will transfer to the University of California in Hayward in the fall. When all discover for themselves that this world, the flesh and the devil are not their friends they will come to rest in Him.  I believe that,  for God promised me.

As the east coast struggles to stay in business while buried under immeasurable mountains of snow we in California watch as our orchards spring into bloom  'way too early, with fading hope for actual floods to raise the water to a level that can produce vegetables, fruit and yes, nuts that feed the nation. At night my mind whirls around all of the above before I can let it all go to Him and sleep.

This morning my renewed mind is going over last week's chapter of my life.  An estranged Hispanic couple is reconciled after inviting Jesus to fight their exhausting war with the devil. Last Monday a beautiful, slender blond woman whose life was once a train wreck brought from Bakersfield her Hispanic friend whose life is now a train-wreck.  I sat with them on my sun-drenched deck and listened as my friend guided her friend to life-giving decisions.  ...and then there were conversations with life-producing fellow pilgrims.  From one of my nearby lovely young friends, delivered along with her husband from a death-wielding cult came a welcomed call bringing me up to date on the life-giving discipleship they are giving to others. Always there is a life-giving conversation with my oldest California friend who is recovering from surgery for melanoma that attacked her eyelid. Another life-giving conversation was with my spiritually strong widowed niece-by-marriage in Kansas, left financially poor but making many rich.  Another life-giving conversation was with my Alabama-born friend in Florida whose marriage was flushing down the toilet when our lives intersected in Houston. Now she and her husband are bringing life through Christ to other couples. Another conversation was with my dear Houston friend whose husband was on our California church board as well as our Houston church board.  Ed is slipping into Heaven where all kinds of cancer will be forever gone.

Thursday in my living room were a new-in-Christ mother and her beautiful six- foot- tall ex-military daughter who are both reading and growing in the knowledge and grace of our Lord Jesus Christ. Sitting near them was the dark-haired beautiful Korean Christian piano teacher who sowed the Seed into the heart of the daughter who sowed the Seed into the heart of her mother. Next to me on my couch was a gorgeous woman whose family from India was transplanted to New Zealand where my friend came to know Christ as she listened to the hopelessness at the funeral of her Hindu father. Then in the door came another lovely one whose husband was removed from a local church staff in order to "go and make disciples".  Another of the Thursday women, a raven-haired Italian is in Connecticut bringing life and hope to her family as her mother recovers from heart surgery. I don't know where the others were yesterday but I know they are about the Father's business.

My darlings, the gates of Hell will not prevail against the true Church of the Lord Jesus Christ.  He has gifted us with the Keys to the Kingdom of Heaven and we are still privileged to offer those Keys to others who are thirsting to know Him.
                                             
                                             WONDERFUL PEACE

Far away in the depths of my spirit tonight rolls a melody sweeter than psalm;
In celestial-like strains it unceasingly falls o'er my soul like an infinite calm.

Ah! soul, are you here without comfort or rest, marching down the rough pathway of time?
Make Jesus your Friend 'ere the shadows grow dark;  Oh accept this sweet peace so sublime. 

PEACE! PEACE! WONDERFUL PEACE, COMING DOWN FROM THE FATHER ABOVE
SWEEP OVER MY SPIRIT FOREVER I PRAY, IN FATHOMLESS BILLOWS OF LOVE.

Love,  Jo

ARCHIVE