Monday, November 19, 2018

Cat Scan


Dear ones: 

I mentioned in this last blog that Dee and I would be seeing the Thorasic doctor today for the report on the latest cat scan.  Here ‘tis: 

The aortic aneurism has not grown since July.  It measures 6.1 cm x 5.9 cm.  Doctor’s words: "That’s big. It may or may not grow.  It may or may not be what takes your life.  If it ruptures you will be in terrible pain.  Call 911 immediately. There is no instrument,  nor “stent”  that can help with this particular aneurism, because it is an “ascending aneurism”.  (Coming OUT of your heart, and not going in.)  Surgery is an option, but at your age, not a good one.  There is no point in having further cat scans, but that is up to you."  (As of now I won't.)  

 I know where I will be and with Whom, for eternity.  As with you, the time of our departure is up to Him.  It’s kind of like thinking about the Rapture:   Plan as if the Lord were never coming.  Live as if he were coming today.

These scriptures have been impressed upon me:  Psalm 27:13,14:  “I know that I will see the Lord’s goodness in this present life. Trust in the Lord; have faith, do not despair. Trust in the Lord.” 

Lord,  may these loved ones experience your grace, mercy and love, especially, this season. 


Love,  Jo

ARCHIVE