Friday, December 1, 2017

Choices

I had two. ...be squished between a cream-colored curly- tailed hundred and fifteen pound Pyrenees and a frisky black lab or ride Amtrak to and from Sacramento. The rest of my Bear Valley family traveled by truck to celebrate Thanksgiving with the California/Pennsylvania Stones. My family is life-giving. ...fun. ...energizing. Son and son-in-law and I sat out in the back yard under a wintry sky and fed logs into Jeff's wood-burning stove while the laughter poured out from the games going on inside.

Back on my mountain, it's a sunny fall day. The sky is blue with not a cloud in sight.  I sat on my deck at sunrise and sang "Blue skies, smiling at me. Nothin' but blue skies do I see."  Down below were three bucks and a half dozen does. ...cavorting.  In the trees the birds were greeting one another with a chirp and a song. Snow is a comin' and they will soon fly away. Puss'n, The Aristocat,  was sleeping in, still snoozing on my bed.  Boots, The Mighty Hunter was sitting on his brisket,  staring at a gopher hole. Later, he deposited what was left of the poor critter at my feet.

There is lots of Christmas music coming up between now and the day.  I am content to listen to the younger ones perform the "Messiah"  and  cantatas after years of leading and participating in the season's magnificent music. I have had a rich, full life of  giving away the music He has given me. It's not over.

Life is GOOD.  God is GOOD!  I hang out with the next two generations. Their world is being battered and threatened.  Grandparents, stay armed and involved! We're not through yet.

Bring them in; bring them in.
Bring them in from their world of (unthinkable) sin.
Bring them in; bring them in.
Bring the wandering lambs to Jesus.

Love,  Jo


ARCHIVE