Friday, September 15, 2017

Home

We came together as young mothers. For the next fifty-some years my friend Char and I prayed for our families. She leaves behind children, grandchildren and great grandchildren who have heard and observed the Gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ lived out in a woman of  beautiful faith.

Char's memorial will begin in a few hours in the church her mother began with a handful of new believers. That church now covers a city block and continues to be a beacon of shining Light.

I know the hymns my friend loved and will play them as we celebrate the life of our beloved Charlotte Reeves. Two weeks ago, together the two of us sang...

Precious Lord, take my hand;
Lead me on, let me stand. 
I am tired, I am weak, I am worn.
Through the storm, through the night,
Lead me on to the Light.
Precious Lord, take my hand;
Lead me Home.

When my way grows drear, 
Precious Lord, linger near.
When my life is almost gone.
Hear my cry; hear my call
Hold my hand, lest I fall.
Precious Lord, take my hand;
Lead me Home. 

...and He did.

I go to prepare a place for you. ...so that where I am, you may be also.  Jesus

Love,  Jo


ARCHIVE