Friday, January 27, 2017

Teeth? A +

Dental exam over, Dentist reports: "Jo. If you live to be a hundred, you'll have these same teeth!" Well, Whoopee!  ...now about my other parts:...not quite such a good report.  ...but for Pete's sake, I'm 88 years old!!!

Big ol' flakes of snow are cascading down and sticking. As my current guest and I sit at  the window looking down below, five deer are snoozing in the snow. My fat in-house cats, Puss 'n Boots are sitting beside us, thinking: "Better you than us!"

Hebrews 12:1 and 2 will not let go of my mind. If I continue to disentangle myself from the evil people and lies they tell I will finish this race on the run. Thy Word is a Lamp unto my feet and a Light unto my path.

We have been graced and given another hour or so  to repent of trading America's birthright for a mess o' pottage. Is God's cup of iniquity full? Apparently,  not quite. This Trump man is wielding a wrecking ball on the deadly corruption that has accumulated for decades. Lord, please protect him. Please protect his family. Please protect the mighty warriors and their families You have gathered around him. Please prompt him by your Spirit to run to scripture for guidance. Ding on him to humble himself before You so You can lift him up. Please push on us, your family to make hay while the sun shines before the darkness sets in when no man can work.  ...and we will give you all the praise, in Jesus' Name.  Amen.

OLD HYMN;  AM I A SOLDIER OF THE CROSS?

Am I a soldier of the Cross, a follower of the Lamb?
And shall I fear to own His cause or blush to speak His Name?

Must I be carried to the skies on flowery beds of ease?
While others fight to win the prize and sail through stormy seas?

Sure I must fight if I would reign; increase my courage, Lord. 
I'll bear the toil, endure the pain; supported by Thy Word! 

Love,  Jo

ARCHIVE