Friday, December 9, 2016

Stuck in Philippians

I'd rather be stuck in Philippians than in the Old Testament Law. You know how it is: The Lord will cause us to tarry in scripture right where He wants us to be. I suppose it's because my birthday is coming up that a verse like this just won't go away: For our citizenship is in Heaven from which also we look for the Saviour,  the Lord Jesus Christ.

Paul couldn't make up his mind either: "To go or not to go. That is the question."  The Lord made the decision. I would just as soon not have my head chopped off by a Nero, but then that might be better than wearing out my loved ones while my aging body ... well, ages!

Even though I make statements about how discipleship is about working ourselves out of a job, I still miss you when you do what I tell you to do: "Leave! Go make disciples! See ya' in Heaven!"

I have loved hearing from you this week.  ...from near and far away. Keep the messages coming. You are blessing my socks off.

Love,  Jo

ARCHIVE