Thursday, October 13, 2016

The Remedy of Revival

Nothing I can say can equal the power and credibility of David Jeremiah's above named message. I encourage you to listen to or read it. So, about this disturbing election: Do we vote? Of course! Thirty to fifty million (Give or take ten or twenty million.) evangelicals did not vote in the last election.

Do we settle for a woman who insists upon the rights of a woman to take the life of her baby? --for a woman who hugs her husband on camera but scoffs at the exclusivity of male/female marriage? Hillary is a bitter woman. Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned.

Are you praying for our other option to humble himself in the sight of the Lord so He can be lifted up?  The Lord has placed some warriors for the Gospel in Donald's corner.  Will he listen? He has been a vulgar man, but he doesn't sugarcoat the reality of our accumulated crises.

Another Malcolm Muggeridge quote: "The orgasm has replaced the Cross as the focus of longing and the image of fulfillment."

Oh, my dear Family-in-Christ, "The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much."                                                                                                                                                                        
From Val, in Houston,  Texas comes this request for "Jesus, I Come". 

Out of my bondage, sorrow and night,  JESUS, I COME. JESUS, I COME.

Into Thy freedom, gladness and Light,  Jesus, I come to Thee.
Out of my sickness, into Thy health,  out of my want, and into Thy wealth.
Out of my sin, and into Thy Self,  Jesus, I come to Thee.

Out of my shameful failure of loss, JESUS, I COME. JESUS I COME.
Into the glorious gain of Thy Cross. Jesus, I come to Thee..
Out of earth's sorrows, into Thy balm, JESUS, I COME; JESUS, I COME
Out of distress to jubilant Psalm,  Jesus, I come to Thee.

Out of unrest and arrogant pride. JESUS I COME. JESUS I COME
Into Thy blessed will to abide, Jesus, I come to Thee.
Out of myself to dwell in Thy love, into despair and raptures above.
Upward for aye on wings of a dove,  Jesus, I come to Thee.

Out of the fear and dread of the tomb,  JESUS I COME;. JESUS I COME.
Into the joy and Light of Thy home,  Jesus, I come to Thee.
Out of the depths of ruin untold,  Into the peace of Thy sheltering fold.
Ever Thy glorious face to behold, Jesus I come to Thee.

What hymn words would you like me to print?

Love,  Jo

ARCHIVE