Saturday, September 10, 2016

MORNING

I wish early mornings lasted all day. Heaven will be one grand early morning for all of eternity! Here on Earth I wake up with new strength and feel like soaring like an eagle. "Hooty" the Owl softly tells me "Goodnight" as First Light creeps over the eastern mountain. Bats swoop over in one last fly-by. Pussn' Cat stirs at my feet.  Swarms of sparrows dart about in wide arcs,  then two loud fussing crows break into the day's peaceful beginnings. Hillary and Donald are awake!

"It was the best and worst of times".  Our efforts to control the world with our money and power did not, after all buy friendships. As our nation passes off the prophetic scene as a world leader a hunger for God's Word is emerging. Just in time, technology is broadcasting the Gospel around the world.

How are you doing with bringing hope to your friends who have no hope? Are you holed up in your Holy Huddle, enjoying the fellowship?  That "ship" may very well be forced underground. If you have no church or pastor to take them to are you prepared to show them The Way? 

My  Ted made many Christians uncomfortable when he asked them: "How many non-Christians friends do you have?'" Well, how many do you have? What is your "connector"? Everyone has one. Paul asked the Colossians to "pray for a door for the Gospel" for him.  Paul asked that small gathering of new believes in Colossae to pray that he would "know how to answer the questions asked of him".  The presupposition:  He had earned the right to be heard by listening and not talking until the Holy Spirit prompted him to do so.

How is your plan for evangelism working for you? One of God's "plans":  Be a friend to the publican and sinner. All that is different about us is that we received as payment for our sin the Blood of Jesus Christ Who died and rose again to take away the penalty and power of our sin. Soon, when Morning comes, even the presence of sin will be forever gone!  The people in the world are searching for exoneration from the sin that will not go away.  My spin is this: They will be frantically searching for it soon.

My dear friend, Char in Bakersfield has patiently waited for me to print "Day by Day".  Here it is:

Day by day and through each passing moment; strength I find to meet my trials here.
Trusting in my Father's wise bestowment; I've no cause for worry or for fear.
He whose heart is kind beyond all measure gives unto each day what He deems best
Lovingly its part of pain and pleasure, mingling toil with peace and rest. 

Every day the Lord Himself is near me with a special mercy for each hour.
All my cares He fain would bear and cheer me; He whose Name is "Counsellor"  and "Power".
The protection of His child and treasure is a charge that He Himself has laid.
"As thy days thy strength shall be in measure";  this the pledge to me He made.

Help me, Lord in every tribulation, so to trust thy promises, O Lord.
I lose not faith's sweet consolation offered me within Thy Holy Word.
Help me, Lord when toil and trouble meeting, e'er to take as from a father's hand
One by one, the days, the moments fleeting 'til I reach the promised land.

Love, Jo

ARCHIVE