Wednesday, August 17, 2016

The Joy of Discipleship

I am suggesting that you listen on our website,  12stoneslegacy.com to Ted's podcast;  "Why Discipleship is Imperative".  The week after he taught this message he was mercilessly fired by his elder board.

Many who read this have been wounded. ...terribly wounded...confused. ...bitter.  Some have left the ministry; some have tried to leave the Lord, Some never go to church again. Some scoff at Romans 8:28 and I Corinthians 10:13.

My Ted was unconcerned about anything except "rightly dividing the Word of Truth" and discipling others to do the same. Once I said to him, "You'd preach to a stump!" ...and his reply: "Of course!  ...if it would sprout!" This persevering man has been in Heaven for over six years.  I miss him terribly,

Jesus came away from the crowds and taught the few.  II Timothy 2:2 is clear: Teach those who will teach others who will teach others.....sometimes,  a lonely ministry, ... but oh...the dividends. In this last season of my life I am thrilled as the reports come in from the precious ones who quietly "make disciples."  "I have no greater joy than this: to hear of my children walking in the Truth!"  Again, I ask that you take time to listen to Ted's message. Hear his heart.  "A bruised reed He will not break".

I live at the 5,000 foot level on this mountain. Higher up where my family lives there are cougars, bears and timber rattlers, whereas at my altitude I glimpse only foxes, coyotes, raccoons and bob cats circling my property, hoping to snack on Puss 'n Boots. Those cats have raced lickety split a few times up my driveway,  leaped onto the cab of my Ridgeway Honda and landed on a cabinet at the top of the garage. They're not stupid; they're now indoor cats. This verse cautions us:  "Be on the alert. Your enemy the devil is always circling, seeking whom he may devour."  The evil one's intent is to distract us from sowing, watering and harvesting. Don't let him do it!

All the years I wifed Ted Stone and mothered all three of his kids I played second fiddle to every known sport.  Last Friday night I indulged in my favorite indoor/outdoor sport: entertaining from my keyboard outside at our Golf Shop. It was hot (Well, "hot" for no-humidity California)) and the Olympics were on most every TV in Bear Valley. A dear Christian couple I have known for years ambled in with relatives from South Carolina.  One relative wanted to hear Sinatra . ...Ol' Blue Eyes. I know 'em all, but I won't play  "I Did it My Way".  ...and then a young couple wandered in from their walk on the golf course. "We heard your music 'way out there. It's so beautiful.  Don't ever stop playing." They had just moved from Dallas, so there was a better-than-average chance that they had heard of Jesus. YES! ...so we all sang until it was time to load up my keyboard and stuff, then we gathered in a circle and prayed for our country and for each other. Beautiful! ...two or three gathered together, and He was in the midst of us.

I am a blessed octogenarian (plus 7).  How long do I have here? Dunno. ...doesn't matter. ...but I sure do want to take some more with us when the trumpet blows!

"Our name is 'LEGION!' " they screamed at Jesus....and then they "entered a herd of pigs and ran into the sea and were drowned". A whole lot of their ancestors are hangin' around Washington.  I wish they'd go jump in the sea and drown. ...but they won't.  ...not until it is God's time.  ...so do we vote? Of course!


From Ohio, Kathee requests: "How Firm a Foundation"

How firm a foundation, ye saints of the Lord
Is laid for your faith in His excellent Word!
What more can He say than to you He hath said,
To you who for refuge to Jesus have fled?

Fear not, I am with thee, O be not dismayed
For I am thy God,  I will still give thee aid.
I'll strengthen thee, help thee, and cause thee to stand,
Upheld by My gracious, omnipotent hand.

When thro' the deep waters I call thee to go
'The rivers of sorrow shall not overflow.
For I will be with thee thy trials to bless
And sanctify to thee thy deepest distress.

When thro' fiery trials thy pathway shall lie,
My grace, all sufficient shall be thy supply;
The flames shall not hurt thee, I only design
Thy dross to consume, and thy gold to refine.
Amen.



Love,  Jo

ARCHIVE