Friday, May 27, 2016

He LIVES!

MEMORIAL WEEKEND.  If one of your children has died, whether from military death, a miscarriage, abortion, drugs,  suicide,  accident,  or disease, you will understand that grieving the loss of a child is different from other griefs. Last week on May18 was the five year mark since my second son Jeff walked into my bedroom on that morning and said, "Mom, Doug died in the night!" I was stunned and still find it hard to believe that my oldest son won't be walking into my house, calling, "Hi, Mama", and heading for the refrigerator and helping himself to the artichoke hearts I always kept there for him.  I still reach over in my bed to touch my precious husband who is no longer there. Those two men aren't grieving at all. They picked up right where they had left off eleven months before. Jesus understood the mixed emotions Lazurus' family felt.  ,,, and He wept.   ...and then from His cross, in agony of every kind He felt His mother's pain, and, in the hearing of the crowd,  provided for her comfort with John, "the disciple whom Jesus loved."

FAMILY. All six grandchildren are scattered from Philadelphia to Idaho, to California. Will they ever gather again? Yes, in Heaven. ...with Jesus. Nothing else really matters. "My hope is built on nothing less than Jesus' blood and righteousness!" A couple of nights ago my cell phone rang. It was oldest son  Doug's oldest son, Luke who lives in the far north of our country.  I have not seen him in ever so long, and I have missed him terribly. We talked for a long time about his daddy and it felt good to do that. We remembered the many times the entire family gathered here in this home and on this property. I had no idea that Luke has been reading my blog all along. I cried with gratefulness when he told me.  Both of our sons were married under the Family Tree above the house,  and five of the six grandchildren were dedicated to Jesus by their grandfather on that very spot. Ted's gravestone and ashes rest there. If I am not taken up in the twinkling of an eye,  my earthly remains will be right there beside his. ...but we won't be there. On the lower property the tree house and deck that Doug built beckon to the kids that come here. The arcing rope swing still hangs from the giant oak.

THIS AND THAT.  I know that I am to stay in this home until He tells me otherwise.  Another boy air-gun party happened last Saturday.  All the families and some of the siblings showed up too. Loved it!  Guests are lining up for the summer weekends. I plan to host old fashioned singalongs up under the giant oak or on my deck. If it is His will on June 10th I will start entertaining from my keyboard every other Friday evening at the Golf Shop. I love lightening the hearts of the older people who miss my kind of music. A mom and her daughter come to my discipleship class. The daughter will begin next week to teach the Book of Luke.  Oh, this is when discipleship gets really exciting.  In Bakersfield two others that I love dearly are teaching the Book of Ephesians to a group of women. I think that most of the Thursday Discipleship girls and the guys I know are giving out the Word. "His Truth is marching on! Glory, glory, Hallelujah!"

FINANCES.  I owe no money on my home, property, or anything else. Thank You, my dear Father. My truck should last for the rest of my life if no more deer come charging off the mountain and bash in the front of it. My leaking roof is replaced and so is the water heater. The steps up to the upper level are not safe anymore. The trim on the house needs painting. The deck needs major work. The Lord has found for me a fine Christian man to hire for doing these outside repairs.  If you have any contributions you want to toss to Family Life Resources, PMB # 71. 25101 Bear Valley Road, Tehachapi, California, 93561, it's fine if you do it and fine if you don't.  I have a Board of four couples who encourage me to tell people who come that I, too have to pay my bills. My daughter oversees my finances and deals with credit card fraud (again!).  I am so grateful for her willingness to do what sends me into near cardiac arrest.  O.K., I'm done, and I am done in. The subject of "finances" does that to me. I have probably told you more than you want to know.  If I were you I wouldn't hold out any hope that I will ever stop doing that.

Let the nations know that they are but men.  Psalm 9:20b.. ,,,because HE LIVES!

I serve a Risen Saviour;  He's in the world today.
I know that He is living whatever men may say.
I see His hand of mercy; I hear His voice of cheer.
And just the time I need Him, He's always near.

HE LIVES; HE LIVES. CHRIST JESUS LIVES TODAY.
HE WALKS WITH ME, HE TALKS WITH ME ALONG LIFE'S NARROW WAY.
HE LIVES; HE LIVES. SALVATION TO IMPART.
YOU ASK ME HOW I KNOW HE LIVES?
HE LIVES WITHIN MY HEART.

Rejoice, rejoice, Oh Christian; lift up your voice and sing
Eternal Hallelujahs to Jesus Christ the King!
The Hope of all who seek Him; the Help of all who find.
None other is so loving, so good and kind.

HE LIVES; HE LIVES. CHRIST JESUS LIVES TODAY.
HE WALKS WITH ME, HE TALKS WITH ME ALONG LIFE'S NARROW WAY.
HE LIVES; HE LIVES. SALVATION TO IMPART.
YOU  ASK ME HOW I KNOW HE LIVES?
HE LIVES WITHIN MY HEART!

Love,  Jo



ARCHIVE