Friday, December 11, 2015

BENEATH THE RADAR

Before some of you read this I will be 87 years old. I have mixed feelings about that, but then I have mixed feelings about most everything. The bombardment of too much information coming at us could wipe out all incentive to keep on keeping on in the time I have left. I had no idea that the evil one would keep pounding on me when I am old,  but he never gives up in trying to seduce me into a pit of self-pity. He comes in the night when my defenses are down. I keep my cell phone right beside my bed and flip on the scriptures, listen and hit him right in the face.

At 5 A.M. this morning I fed my kitties, made coffee, brought it to bed and hunkered back under the covers to read several days of Christmas mail. Oh, how you encourage my heart! Some of you Ted and I have known since the 60's, when we were still relatively new in Christ and in ministry and you had not come to Him yet. From the frequent responses to my blog and in your Christmas letters it seems that the Lord is not despairing about the ominous headlines. He admonished the fellows not to stand around looking up, waiting for His return, but instead, to stand UP and go tell others that He has risen!

Do we really think that the "Roman Tribune" reporters  had a clue as to what was really happening right under their worldly little news-greedy noses?  Here are some excerpts from today's E and snail mails:  Franklin Graham has recently been welcomed into high level political and religious circles in countries we may think impenetrable.  He spoke in churches that were filled to capacity. My precious friends in Indonesia report that "In the past twelve months in the ministry we are part of,  a thousand a month have come to Christ'. ... right in the midst of a quarter of the Muslim population of the entire world! There are many other missions besides theirs in that country. This is the particular one Ted and I have personally connected with for many years. My friends who labor in East Asia continue to bear fruit that is bearing more fruit. From Africa come reports of lives being changed by Christ. I wish I could be more specific, but I dare not be. Churches and missions are thriving right in the back door of the bombing in Paris. Yes, the "Koran", the Muslim Bible states clearly that we, the infidels are to be murdered because Allah wills it and will bless them. ...but reports come in regularly that Jesus is showing up to Muslims who have never even heard His Name. I know such a one, but dare not share her name. Reports of re-births continue to flow in from His servants who are scattered across this nation, glorifying His Name in their homes and market places. Reports come in of the re-birthing of foreign students who continue to flood into our universities from Asia, India, Saudi Arabia and other countries.Yesterday I attended a luncheon where a musician friend of mine who has entertained thousands in the world before being transformed by the Spirit of God brought a Christmas program that would knock the socks off of the best Hollywood or Broadway has to offer. That was just today's family information that the world knows nothing about. The unbeliever cannot understand or care about eternal matters.

In my little life, new ones who are hungry for His Word and want to give it to others, continue to come. Praise Him! I just a answered my phone and was invited to come to a nearby community to entertain at a Christmas party with a mix of Christians and people who do not know Him. ...one of my "favorite things".

 I am amazed and rejoice as I see on TV the new ministries that exalt Christ. The generosity of God's children blows me away. ...and I am the recipient of some of that generosity. I take not one dollar for granted, am humbled and grateful, and prayerful for every one who trusts me to serve Him with my whole heart until I take my last breath. You know that I never talk about money. I absolutely hate the subject! The thought crossed my mind more than once, that when Ted left, I might be sitting on a corner in Tehachapi, playing my keyboard with a tin cup marked "tips" in full view.  Well, not yet.

Suggestion: If you did not hear James Robison's  ("Life Today")  interview of David Jeremiah on December 8, dial it up on your computer. You will be blessed. ...and now I am going to hunker down under the electric blanket and read David's book: "Agents of Babylon". There are not a whole bucket full of advantages to being old, but I am about to indulge in one of them: a no guilt afternoon, reading a great book on a cold, snowy, foggy, rainy day.

IN THE CROSS, IN THE CROSS, BE MY GLORY EVER.
TILL MY RAPTURED SOUL SHALL FIND REST BEYOND THE RIVER.

Jesus, keep me near the cross; there a precious fountain.
Free to all, a healing stream flows from Calvary's mountain.

Near the cross I'll watch and wait, hoping, trusting ever.
Till I reach the golden strand just beyond the river.

IN THE CROSS, IN THE CROSS BE MY GLORY EVER;
TILL MY RAPTURED SOUL SHALL FIND REST BEYOND THE RIVER.

LOVE, Jo



ARCHIVE