Friday, June 19, 2015

Yep! God Provides!

You can bet your boots that when the Holy Spirit thrums into your conscious mind a scripture or even a word from a scripture that there is somethin' acomin' toward you down the road that is going to require that you hang on for dear life because this road is goin' to get bumpy!  That scripture for me this week is Micah 6:8.  (Who reads Micah?)

What does the Lord require of me? ..to act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God.

Do I love mercy?  Sure I do, when God and people give it to me, but giving it to somebody who has hurt my feelings? ... not possible unless I am broken before him;  out of words,  out of solutions, and scared to death.  A pastor friend shared this with me last week:  "I am not sure we should be too quick to call our fears sin."  Here is where I am with that in my thinking:  Were I not afraid of a person or a situation or a possible loss,   I would not fall on my face before Him in torrents of tears. totally helpless unless He does something I cannot possibly do.  Who was it (I could look it up, but you probably know where it is) that said: "What time I am afraid, I WILL TRUST the Lord". As  I recall the Lord did not slap him up the side of the head and tell him to "Grow up!"  I cannot "act justly, love mercy and walk humbly with my God"  until I do grow up.  I can fake it just so long. When I get as grown up-in-Christ as I am going to be, He will take me Home...and that's lookin' pretty good as God is lowering His Holy Boom on our beloved America.

Well, last Saturday night I entertained from my Yamaha Grand keyboard out-of-doors.  It was HOT and nobody came until the sun went down, except for one couple that requested songs that I don't even like. ...and then came a wedding party of a dozen or more people.  An older couple had just been married and brought their friends down to the Mulligan patio to dine and had no idea there would be music, so  I played their songs...the kind of love songs that many of us still love and hanker for. What a lovely gift that was for me, and for them. ...and then the Lord sent a couple I have known for a long time but seldom see.  We sat and visited and then they loaded up my paraphernalia in the truck for me.  I never know how I am going to do that, nor do I know how I will lift my garbage out of the bed of my Honda Ridgeway when I get to the dump.  The Lord always brings somebody along to do the heavy lifting, and I don't even have to put on a pitiful look...and last night Aruna, my precious Aruna (formerly Hindu, now a fabulous Christian and right up there on my list of favorite Timothy's) and I went to the Farmer's Market in town and she lifted my vegetables for me and carried my groceries from the store.

"...and my God shall supply ALL our needs according to His riches in Christ Jesus."  Phil. 4:19.

Love,  Jo

ARCHIVE