Friday, March 27, 2015

Thoughts

God wins the prize for being the Master of Understatement!  "My thoughts are not your thoughts; neither are my ways your ways".  He's got that right.  Can you even imagine what it will be like in Heaven not to have to deep-six our first thoughts and struggle to replace them with His?

Picture this: It's Sunday afternoon in Kansas. Our farm was not far from cattle country where rodeos drew a crowd.  If you have never watched a calf charging out of the chute, horse and cowboy racing pell mell alongside, lasso zinging through the air,  flipping the critter on his back and tying his legs together at lightning speed,  you haven't lived life to the fullest.  Small-town rodeos are the best!

Years later Ted and I sat amidst Louisiana Tech students watching another country rodeo right down the road from Monroe (That's MUNroe), the home of the hilarious Duck Dynasty folk.  I don't remember how we got involved with those Tech students. On another Sunday afternoon they took us on a houseboat cruise on the Ouachita (That's Waachitaw) River.  I am still connected with some of those Loosianians because I like 'em!

Now, where was I?  Oh, I was making a point about my ungodly thoughts that need to be lassoed midair,  and wooed into righteous thinking by the Holy Spirit.  I have a dangerously creative mind....and too good a memory about things best forgotten. When this blog doesn't show up some weekend you will know that my thoughts have become as much like Jesus' as they're ever going to get and I'm outta here!

Our weather is perfect, the oaks are decked out in fresh green, and several generations of deer are grazing all over my nine acres.  In the morning I'll start the propane fireplace on the deck and four women friends from Bakersfield and I will sit around it for hours, drinking coffee and doing what girls of all ages do: talk. Some of you who have been here (especially you East Coasters who are still up to your necks in snow) are wishing you were here too. So do I...but there's a new day comin' when we'll all be together...talking with Jesus and all His other children.

                             OLD HYMN: WHEN WE ALL GET TO HEAVEN

Onward to the prize before us! Soon His beauty we'll behold.
Soon the pearly gates will open; we shall tread the streets of gold.

WHEN WE ALL GET TO HEAVEN, WHAT A DAY OF REJOICING THAT WILL BE!
WHEN WE ALL SEE JESUS, WE'LL SING AND SHOUT THE VICTORY!

Love,  Jo

                       


ARCHIVE