Friday, May 30, 2014

It's all in the will

My back is really hacked off at me. Now I am forced to listen to it because it hurts to do anything but lie around on an ice bag or a heating pad.  I am on the home stretch of life on this earth; therefore the sanctification process is nearing the end. Truth: I've been a race horse all my life.  The sin starts in the mind of my Type A personality which moves at a faster clip than my aging body can tolerate. ...and now the Lord's still small voice has escalated to the level of a megaphone.  He is reminding me that it's His body and not mine. I keep forgetting that.

I must let the Lord re-train my mind,  will and body to:  1) Sit at my computer no more than twenty minutes at a time;  2)  Let a job go unfinished when my body tells me to stop and rest;   3. Walk and sit straight;  6) Don't lift anything that puts a strain on my back;  7) Stop tightening my neck, back and shoulders and tighten the parts of my anatomy that need it;  8)  Stop obsessing;   9)  Stop hurrying;  10) Be anxious for nothing!  11) Enjoy the moment and lace it with praise;  12) Avoid professional victims, professional weaker brothers and sisters and give my fleeting time to the lost who desire to know Him, and to Christians who choose to be His disciples; (Not my disciples. His!) 13) Grieve but not as those who have no hope;  14) Slow down and enjoy the Holy Aroma and Presence of Jesus

I know perfectly well that the habits of my flesh are too deep set for me to change them by shear effort of my will.  "For it is God Who works within me both to will and to do of His good pleasure;" 

                             HYMN: JESUS, I AM RESTING, RESTING

Jesus, I am resting, resting in the joy of what Thou art
I am finding out the greatness of Thy loving heart
Thou hast bid me gaze upon Thee: And Thy beauty fills my soul
For by Thy transforming power Thou hast made me whole.

Simply trusting Thee, Lord Jesus, I behold Thee as Thou art
And Thy love, so pure, so changeless satisfies my heart.
Satisfies its deepest longings; meets, supplies its every need
And surrounds me with its blessings;  Thine is love indeed!

...and now I will crawl back under the covers with my friends, the ice bag and the heating pad.

Love, Jo


ARCHIVE