Saturday, April 7, 2012

Had I Known...

…how many of you out there suffer at times with depression I would have swallowed my pride (It’s shrunk quite a bit anyway) and spewed out the truth and nothing but the truth. The responses have been many. Some have even been helped to cope when there is no particular reason they can find for being depressed. That hasn’t been my case for a couple of crises ago I was considering folding up my earth/chair and just going Home. ….but then I think about the people He is letting me teach (albeit my lessons are homespun and I wouldn’t be considered for a paid faculty anywhere in the world. …well, maybe an Unnamed Tribe along the Amazon, if I provided by own food, hammock, native carriers, camp necessities, school materials, with no salary.

You must have ratcheted up the prayer, for finally, after 12 weeks of waiting to see the doctor who drove three nails into my hipbone, he declares me HEALED. I asked him to pass that news to my hip; he must have because I creep along with just a cane now. I will juice that for awhile for there have been benefits: food brought in and cooked; my laundry done, floors and bathrooms cleaned, beds changed, I am read to, prayed with, put to bed and covered with love and prayer. Not even when my kids were born did I receive such spoiling. …but there is a day a comin’ and I think it’s today. My printer decided to die (along with my washing machine and possibly vacuum cleaner) so heretofore when something like that has happened, Dee’s immediate response has been, “We’ll be right down.” …not today, though. “Mom, you can drive now, so bring your laptop up and we’ll send your blog from here.” I knew as soon as the words were out of my doctor’s mouth that I shouldn’t have invited Dee into his examining room. Well, as I have told you, the dear girl (to me, she will always be “my girl”) is completely exhausted. It would not be wise for me to even complain of a headache, for she’s done!
…so it’s over. …my trip to whatever Planet I landed on for twelve weeks…..and boy howdy am I ever glad.

Ted and Doug, I don’t imagine there is a “Heavenly Gazette” published there, but somehow I think you are told what is going on that’s important down here. THIS IS IMPORTANT. Doug, after church, all three of your children and Lexi will reinact the ol’ pagan ritual of an Easter egg hunt. Yes, yes, I know the origins and they’re rotten. It’s been YEARS since the kids were little and found eggs you had hidden all over this property. …then one year you donned an Easter bunny outfit and scared the little kids half to death. The other day, Maddie said, “Daddy always made everything fun!”
After dinner, I (Me, Gramma) am invited into the children’s circle to study and discuss (mostly “discuss”) the third chapter of John ….and honey, that opportunity hangs right up there at the top of the Richter scale.

Easter with Jesus. What must it be like for Daddy and you with Jesus? Maybe you’ll fly around Mars or Jupiter in your own heaven/jet. I can’t imagine Heaven without the two of you flying since that is what you loved so much here on earth.

Jesus, It’s all about you. ….ALL ABOUT YOU. THANK YOU FOR BRINGING ME THROUGH ANOTHER HARD TIME.
HYMN OF THE WEEK: HE LIVES
I serve a risen Saviour; He’s in the world today! I know that He is living whatever men may say. I see His hand of mercy; I hear His voice of cheer, and just the time I need Him He’s always near.
HE LIVES; HE LIVES. CHRIST JESUS LIVES TODAY. HE WALKS WITH ME AND TALKS WITH ME ALONG LIFE’S NARROW WAY.
HE LIVES; HE LIVES. SALVATION TO IMPART. YOU ASK ME HOW I KNOW HE LIVES; HE LIVES WITHIN MY HEART.
Love, Jo


ARCHIVE