Saturday, February 4, 2012

"Holy Crap"

“It’s just a dream. I’ll lay here for a few minutes, open my eyes and this pain will go away”…..but it didn’t. For no good reason, I had pitched forward in my own living room and landed on my hip. It was broken.
Hours later after the normal ER madness I was on my way by ambulance to a Bakersfield hospital for surgery. Afterwards a man we know well, head of radiology, gave the straight scoop to daughter, Dee. “This is the least of invasive hip surgery, requiring only three screws, physical therapy for weeks and patience. She will heal well. By the way, she has sexy bones.”
My boys bought me a laptop so you can contact me by email.
The funniest response Dee received when she spread the news flash was, “HOLY CRAP”! That about says it. God’s holiness is threaded in and out of that other four-letter word.
The Lord’s My Shepherd, I‘ll not want. He makes me down to lie in pastures green. He leadeth me the quiet waters by.
Love, Jo

ARCHIVE