Friday, December 22, 2017

We stress

Of course we do. "Taking every thought captive" just may be one of the most ridiculous admonitions in scripture. It's easier in the daytime. At night?  Not so much. I don't see that Paul got that one completely mastered either. ...but then we are not to compare our faith with anybody else's, are we?

So what do we do with the fears that creep into our subconscious mind at night when our conscious mind goes to sleep? Well, there are options.  I can get up and eat. Bad choice. I can turn on my cell phone to scripture and listen and do my best to believe His promises.  In the summertime I can look up at the stars, behold, believe and trust Him better. ...but this is wintertime. Snow is on the ground.  I can snuggle Bootsie up under the covers and fool myself into thinking a three pound cat can protect me from the boogie man. OR I can believe that Jesus' face is turned toward me as I cry myself to sleep.  ... which I do. ...sometimes.

Eventually, morning comes. Coffee in hand, cell phone turned on to scripture, a new day begins. From Somewhere, comes new strength.  I rise up like an eagle, catch a thermal and glide. ...refusing to plummet down and down into the chicken coop where a rooster struts about, crowing and reminding the flock that he is king. In that crowded place, the hens cluck, pick and peck, ignoring one another's boundaries. There are no "boundaries" in a chicken coop.

Eagles don't flock. Neither do they flap their wings. Rather, they touch wings. Encouraged, they fly apart to tend to their own business.

Many of you have "touched wings" during this Christmas season. Thank you. Please do it again. ...and again. We so need each other's reminder that He is...

Coming again; coming again. 
Maybe morning, maybe noon
Maybe evening  and maybe soon.
Coming again; coming again.
Oh, what a wonderful Day that will be.
Jesus is coming again!!

Love, Jo

ARCHIVE