Friday, April 1, 2016

BE OF GOOD CHEER

Technology helped to make our Easter worship time with our Sacramento family delightful!  We skyped in our granddaughter in Philadelphia and celebrated His Resurrection together.  Amazing!

My mind has always wandered but now that it's got more mileage on it, it wanders even more. ...so my cell phone is flipped onto scripture many times through the day and I am discovering that my wandering mind can better absorb His thoughts, which push out my thoughts.  Here are a few scriptures that settled in this week:

Jesus says in "Big John":  In the world you will have tribulation but be of good cheer for I have overcome the world.  Suggestion: Withdraw that promise from your Holy bank account.

The "Little Johns" are full of ways to discern what is of God and what is not of God:   This is the message we have heard from Him and declare to you.   God is Light. In Him is no darkness at all. If we claim to have fellowship with Him and yet walk in the darkness, we lie and do not live out the Truth; but if we walk in the Light as He is in the Light we have fellowship  with one another and the blood of Jesus His Son purifies us from all sin. ...If anyone obeys His Word love for God is truly made complete in them. ...If anyone hates their brother or sister they still live and walk around in the darkness  and do not know where they are going because the darkness has blinded them. 

Do not love the world or anything in the world. If anyone loves the world the love of the Father is not in them. For everything in the world: the lust of the flesh, the lust of the eyes and the pride of life comes not from the Father but from the world. The world and its desires pass away but whoever does the will of God lives forever. Suggestion: Withdraw that promise from your Holy bank account.

Dear children, this is the last hour and as you have heard that the antichrist is coming, even now many anti-christs have come. ...but you have an anointing from the Holy One and all of you know the Truth, and because you do know it, I  (Jesus) am writing you. Suggestion:  Withdraw that assurance from your Holy bank account.

John: I have no greater joy than to hear that my children are walking in the Truth. This week came reports from precious ones who are bearing fruit that remains through His Word in their assigned places of ministry.  Through Isaiah the Lord says:  My Word shall not return to Me empty without accomplishing what I desire. Dear ones, believe it...by faith.

The evil one does not want me to have joy in my old age.  This is the trick he tried to pull on me in the past week. Our enemy meant it for evil, but God meant it for good. I was viciously attacked with cruel words by a person a dear friend had asked me to counsel.  I was stunned and deeply hurt. ...for a little while.  The evil one is not creative; therefore we can recognize  the ways he is repeating the same old tactics to shut us down. The Spirit of God took me to Galatians 1:10b:  If I were trying to please men,  I would not be a bond servant of Christ.   I listened to scripture most of the day and into the night. ...and again the next day and today...saturating my mind with His Truth. Oh, my dears, I would love to tell you that the evil one does not harass the aged,  but I will not lie to you, for he knows exactly where those hair-line cracks are in our armor and goes straight for them. You know what to do: Guard your heart by closing up those "cracks" with the Word of God.

In a couple of hours teenage boys will come through these doors with their airsoft guns,  then will fan out all over this property and will do what boys love to do. The mom of the birthday boy will furnish all the food, the dad will come to oversee and I will love every minute of once more hearing boys be boys. ...and now it is the morning after. Nineteen fifteen-year-old boys came, as well as some moms who sat around my deck fire pit and got to know each other while peals of laughter floated up to us as boy feet ran, hid and harmlessly shot at one another from behind the huge oaks and rocks. Thank You, Lord, for using this ol' house and property to love and encourage this next generation for the real battles they are going to fight.

Love,  Jo

ARCHIVE