Friday, January 9, 2015

The poised fork



Dear one(s),

What do I look forward to this year? ...same as last year: The privilege of watching in wonder as the Spirit of God speaks through the Word of God and changes the next two generations from the inside out.

There are a couple of things I know for sure.  1) Fear and faith cannot coexist. 2) The best is yet to come  Here's an old but goodie joke:  A lady with a maid was dying. Her request to her maid: "Be sure and put my very best fork beside me in my casket. When I was a little girl growing up my mother always said,  "We have dessert tonight so be sure and keep your fork because the best is yet to come!"   

In one of my Ted's visits to people in a nursing home a 90-year-old came to know Christ. Ted's words: "Now you can know that if the Lord takes you tonight you will go Home to Heaven to be with Him forever".   Her quick response: "That sounds pretty good,  but I'm in no #%*  of a hurry!" Neither am I,  but my fork is poised and ready at any time. .

My weakened will, Lord, thou canst renew
My sinful nature Thou canst subdue
Fill me just now with power anew
Power to pray and power to do!

Living in Thee, Lord and Thou in me
Constant abiding, this is my plea
Grant me Thy power, boundless and free
Power with men and power with Thee.

Love, Jo


ARCHIVE