Friday, June 3, 2016

SWEET TRUST

Transient Ischemic Attack (TIA)  is often  labeled a "mini-stroke".  It is more accurately characterized  as a warning one should take seriously.   O.K., I'm" taking it seriously" but I am not paranoid.

How does a TIA feel? ....WEIRD.  All of a sudden my tongue (which has never behaved itself very well anyway) felt thick and kind of crookedy.  I was conversing with friends (one of which is a fireman)  and couldn't quite track with the conversation. My fireman friend said, "Jo, there is something going on here." (Firemen know these things.)   He and his dear wife drove me home, made sure I went to bed and called my daughter.  Dee took me to my doctor as soon as he was back in his office. Sure 'nuff:  a TIA. Could it happen again? Sure. Anything can happen at my age. ...or any age. Many younger people have TIA's, strokes and heart attacks. 

Summers up here on this mountain are glorious and I am going to take advantage of every minute of the season: water aerobics in the community pool every morning; having fun with music;  sleeping on my deck; reading some great books; receiving guests from here and there; cutting out some stressful activities and people ... in other words, listening very carefully to the Holy Spirit.  I am pretty confident that you can more than survive without my blog for awhile. I'll be back.  Call, Email, text or come....or do all four.

 I've been studying along with Kay Arthur in the Book of Jeremiah. Conclusion: God does not allow any leaders to mock Him or His Word; neither does He allow any world power to abandon the Jews. Dear Father, give courage to the many true Christians who are fighting the good fight with Your mighty weapons.  We, Your children, will trust You. 

                                      'TIS SO SWEET....

'Tis so sweet to trust in Jesus; just to take Him at His Word.
Just to rest upon His promise; just to know, "Thus saith the Lord."

I'm so glad I learned to trust Thee, Precious Jesus, Saviour, Friend.
And I know that Thou art with me; Will be with me to the end.

JESUS, JESUS, HOW I TRUST HIM! HOW I'VE PROVED HIM O'ER AND O'ER.
JESUS, JESUS, PRECIOUS JESUS. OH, FOR GRACE TO TRUST HIM MORE!

Love,  Jo

ARCHIVE